Thursday, August 22, 2013

Be Preeminent

"I don't work out anymore. These younger guys I play against, they're all more athletic than me. They have more energy, can do things it takes me more effort to do. Now I black out."
Paraphrasing that Kobe Bryant quote, it shows the mindset of a champion. No matter how good you are in relation to where you are now, there's always a bigger, better pond to be big fish. What cuts it at one level may not always cut it. To be the best, you need to work harder than everyone else is working, until you are unquestionably elite. If you wallow in self-pity without making a single effort at increasing your positioning in life, without putting in overtime, without driving until your body can't take it anymore, you simply don't deserve anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment