Thursday, December 26, 2013

How I've changed over the past year

Fitness:
Last Year-I weighed between 160-165 lbs, but in relatively good shape pound for pound. Could do 14 pull-ups, didn't bench much, centered workouts around plyometrics and machines. Had a full on six pack, but you could see my ribs easily. Ran 5:30 mile, hadn't pulled a 2k in about two years on the erg, but 2k pace was 1:44. Neglected nutrition, but did eat well.
This Year-I've upped my weight to a baseline around 184. Still in good shape, but not as strong pound for pound. Topped 200 on the bench press, but don't focus much on presses. Can do 11 pull-ups now, and still run a mile in about the same amount of time. Center workouts around freeweights and cables now; would like to return to more plyometrics once I hit 195 lbs. Started deadlifting and squatting on a consistent basis. Dropped to a 4-pack, but can no longer see my ribs. Last 2k was six months ago, pulled in 6:51, now 2k pace hovers around 1:40-1:41. Nutrition is more important to me

Relationships:
Last Year-Finished calendar year in a committed relationship. Relationship was on decline stages, and I noticed it; I correctly predicted that it wouldn't last more than a month into 2013. (Although we didn't stop fucking until five months later). I generally would have sex with anyone who wanted to, and had a thing for hitting up girls I had already been with.
This Year-Haven't officially dated since my last relationship, but have had some fuckbuddies who were basically girlfriends. Am more picky about sex; however, has lead to having less sex. I recently turned down two girls that hit me up, one was a girl I had already been with, the other a new girl. The new girl said she wanted to blow me, then eventually said she wanted to have a threeway with me and her boyfriend. Haven't had sex in a month, but still said no. Recently ended talking to two girls I had talked to for a while. It seems now when I commit to stop talking to a girl, I stay true to that commitment now.

Substances:
Last Year-Strictly weed and alcohol. Not too often, would drink probably once a week, and would smoke less often than that.
This Year-Experimented with a few new drugs, most notably combining Xanax and Weed, and tried LSD once. Didn't do any new drug more than once except for Xanax. Smoked less than the year before, except for one weekend in which I smoked an ounce in two days, but drank more consistently. Switched from a liquor drinker to a beer drinker, and went from drinking to get wasted to drinking to get buzzed. Acquired taste for beer. As year went on, I smoked less and less. As of this writing, I haven't smoked weed in 3 and a half months. Haven't touched alcohol in a while either. Nevertheless, I recommend that, assuming it doesn't violate any personal moral code, everyone experiments. Drugs, especially drugs like LSD, provide a new view on life. I don't like drugs because they're so counterproductive, but assuming you do drugs to supplement your reality rather than to dominate it, they can be an interesting thing.

Friendships:
Last Year-Had a close friendship with about 4 guys. Would hang out with all of them a lot, but didn't have much of a friends list beyond my close circle. Tended to be a dick to everyone I met, because it was funny.
This Year-Still great friends with all my close friends from before, but not as much. Don't have any best friends right now, but I have a couple of friends I hang out with. Still am a dick to others

Sports:
Last Year-Followed hockey religiously. Quit my Varsity Hockey team Senior Year because I had issues with the coach, and helped coach the JV Squad instead. However, I was looking to have my best year that year, I felt better in every respect than I was before.
This Year-Don't follow hockey as much anymore, but watch almost every Devils game. Haven't played hockey as much as I'd like. Got more into basketball, and became a lot better at basketball after practicing two hours a day for a month during the summer. I think I got worse at hockey since last year.

Music:
Last Year-Listened mainly to Rap, however liked all genres. Began writing rap, using instrumentals from old J Dilla beats and classic rap songs such as 93' til infinity. Favorite artists were Capital STEEZ, Kendrick Lamar, Joey Bada$$, Ab-Soul, and J. Cole. Listened to other genres, but not as much as rap.
This Year-Listened to a wider variety of music. Focused more on a psychedelic sound. Began producing, and finally got around to learning guitar after practicing about 3 hours a day, every day, since summer. Favorite artists are Capital STEEZ, MGMT, Foster the People, Neutral Milk Hotel, Tame Impala, The Beatles, Velvet Underground, Marvin Gaye, and Mac Miller.

Happiness:
No noticeable difference between last year and this year, although theoretically I should be happier this year. Has devolved into an entire post, will release another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment