Sunday, December 29, 2013

Sharing is Caring II

While I'm sharing music, I'll share another song or two today for the hell of it. This song is called pride, and this one is a rap that I wrote a little over a year ago. It samples Fall in Love, produced by J. Dilla. This was the first song I ever fully completed. I had a lot of fun writing it, hope you enjoy looking at it, and I plan on recording it at some point and releasing it on a mixtape.


I gotta write my thoughts down on this tree/ Because I can no longer lose them in this tree/ When the industry schemes to subdue revolution like it's the final solution/ And it all comes together again/ Going in circles like a ceiling fan/ We don't progress/ We just regress/ When we won't digest our pride (0:20)

I can't burn a bridge in the rain/ That's why I can never escape the pain/ Because where's there to go if there is no bridge (0:31)
I'm taking out my rifle/ Putting on my blindfold/ Then taking shots in the dark at the centerfold/ This was more than sensual/ More than just sexual/ In my mental you weren't just a rental/ Then you opened up your dental/ and tried to tell me gentle/ That you just weren't feeling the sentimental/ The fighting never ended/ Even when we ended/ Because the bridge never burnt/ I was sick of the fighting/ So I started writing/ Promising my love would remain undying/ Because even if we weren't meant to be together we can be together/ Until the end of forever/ But love can't exist in an environment like this/ A blemish like a cyst/ I insist it subsist/ But when I reminisce the first time we kissed/ I promise I can't love you anymore (1:13)
And it all comes together again/ Going in circles like a ceiling fan/ We don't progress/ We just regress/ When we won't digest our pride (x2) (1:34)
Postwar I deplore our rapport/ And swore to ignore/ I promise I can't love you anymore/ I can't stand the depression/ I have to stop the oppression/ It's time for our final secession/ But after another sex session/ I confess a confession/ That I've yet to suspend my obsession/ And did I forget to mention/ My final expression/ That I'll never forget your everlasting impression/ You agree to all I say/ We make up its great/ As you wipe the makeup from your face/ Everything will be fine/ I promise this will be the last time/ But a promise won't stop the crime (2:06)
And it all comes together again/ Going in circles like a ceiling fan/ We don't progress/ We just regress/ When we won't digest our pride (x2) (2:26)
I can't burn a bridge in the rain/ That's why I can never escape the pain/ Because where's there to go if there is no bridge (2:47)
I promise I love you/ I promise I don't/ I promise I won't stop loving you/ Promise you love me/ Promise you don't/ Promise you won't stop loving me/ I promise I love you/ I promise I don't/ I fell in love (3:05)






Extra verses:
Shitt on some deep shit/ Trying to reach it/ Because I'm the Regis/ But what's a king without his queen?/ Just a Philly without the green/ I'll admit I'm not perfect but I thought I was perfect for you/ And you were perfect for me/ I took a leap of faith 

No comments:

Post a Comment